Sunday, September 25, 2011

People I Know

I was thinking the other day about how many people a person knows.Not how many in a lifetime total, but just day to day living. I know the cashier at the grocery store, but do I know her?
I know my hubby's work people, but do I know them? It's strange how many people you meet but do you know them?What makes you really know a person? I know people on the computer, but I also know next door neighbors. The computer has expanded everyone's world. We know more and more people. Or we know of more people.In one day how many people do you meet? I say, Hi and then I say my name.Hopefully they do the same. Now I know one more person.
I guess in a lifetime one knows many people, but maybe one only really knows a few.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Meg! Thank you for entering my give-away. I am now following you also. (I thought I already was, or I'd have done this long ago. So sorry. Anyway, I have learned to be very careful with words. I am acquainted with a lot of people, for example the cashiers at Alsup's Convenient Store where I trade all the time. I am acquainted with others I come in contact with, but to say I really "Know" them would be a mistake. I consider knowing a person as knowing their likes and dislikes, to know their habits, and even their attitudes. I only KNOW a few people in my church even. I know of and speak to many there, but as to my version of the word know, only 4 people would I say I know. Don't get me wrong. I like everyone in my church family. I would even go as far as to say I "love" them in a Christian sort of way, but "know" them I don't. I associate outside of church functions with only 3 people in my church, so I don't know that much about them. Anyway, I don't "know" very many people.

    I loved your post. It definitely is something to ponder.

    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete