Saturday, September 17, 2011

What Can I Do?

I am the spouse of someone who suffers from depression. I do not belong in that club, nor do I want to. But the club I belong to ( family members) is tough to belong to. It is frustrating to want to do something to help but I don't know how to. I want to make it all better. I want to make it go away.I want him to be happy again. I want to fix his depression. Sometimes I get" Life Depressed", but that goes away. That is just the blues.Mental illness doesn't go away. It gets treated but is always hiding around a corner.Sometimes I want to yell at him & say why can't you just deal with it & pull yourself out of it! But I know that can't be done. Sometimes I want it to be about me.But I am not sick.I am halfway sick.I am in the Family Members Club.

2 comments:

  1. Meg, I am sorry. Its a tough going. maybe you check with your local community center. Usually they have group or know of, groups for partners of mentally affected people. depression sucks. Big warm hug
    Paula
    http://paulabowser.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Meg! I wish I could be there to hug you and tell you it would be all better, but I can't do either. I can however, offer my prayers. They work wonders. I will definitely start praying for you and your hubby today and will continue to pray until you tell me all is better. If you would like, send me an e-mail to just vent. I understand how that can be therapeutic. My e-mail is p.creek54@gmail.com. I am a good listener. Would you mind if I placed you on my Blog Prayer line? I won't until I hear from you.

    Remember, you definitely have a "support system" in Red's community. We all love you.
    Be sure and e-mail me soon!

    God Bless,
    PJ

    ReplyDelete